This course is designed to describe business email compromise scams, common perpetrators, methods of prevention, and a system of investigation.
Attendees will deconstruct an email compromise scheme and acquire the skills to prevent, respond, investigate, and litigate an email compromise.
- Identify types and motives of perpetrators.
- Explore marketplaces for perpetrators.
- Identify common targets and targeting methods.
- Examine the email compromise cycle.
- Develop preventive measures and a response plan.
- Evaluate ethical issues in gathering evidence and reporting.
- Understand the far-reaching liabilities of email compromise.
This course was designed by licensed investigators who have conducted email compromise investigations in Texas. The live presentation of this course has been approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE in the amount of 2.50 credit hours, of which 2.50 credit hours will apply to legal ethics/professional responsibility credit. If you would like a live presentation, contact us.
Try the free lessons below and enroll to get full access to the course. You won't be able to take a quiz in the free lesson but you will be able to glimpse the awesome.